Old 29-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Lynn Coffelt

I just let the plant go that way if one doesn't turn out there are more to
choose from. One thing that I do I set the pumpkin on a piece of slab

wood
or even a can so it isn't sitting on the ground. I would have what I

thought
as being a great size pumpkin only to discover that the underneath was
rotted or chewed.
--
Lynn

Finally, FINALLY! We got some pumpkins to take off. Five or six gangly and
watery greenhouse started seedlings (we thought they were gourds) put in a
different location in town. Anacortes, in northern Puget Sound area. Now,
what? they are for Halloween, if the teenagers don't get them first. A
couple 18" or more and starting to turn color. The BIG question is: How do
we collect and preserve them until Halloween? That's still a couple of
months away!

HELP!

Lynn, anxious and sleepless (another Lynn...... Old Chief Lynn)