Old 29-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Rod Out Back" wrote:

Unfortunately, ours are REALLY free-range, and hang out in the garden around
the house during the day. We now have to keep the laundry closed (good
egg-laying opportunities there...), and have had to put up chicken wire
fences around smaller and more delicate plants. It is also important to be
certain all the doors into the house are always closed; they will find an
open door in a matter of minutes. We also have to do the regular inspection
to find the latest nest, as they seem to think that stealth-laying is a hoot
for all concerned.

These chooks will be Isabrowns. I am hoping that if I only let them out after
I've put out the washing, that the eggs will be in the laying box and not
strange hidey-holes in the garden. Do they lay brown eggs?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.