Old 29-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Jim Lewis

Bob wrote:
Thank you all for both the warm welcome to the group, and the sage advice.
Outside it goes and outside it will stay. I just need to change my habits
and place it in an outdoor viewing area. I am certain I will have many more
questions the more I learn from reading current and older posts.

Gosh. It's SO nice when people actually take our advice. ;-)

Now I have one more bit of advice: Do NOT let this be your
only bonsai!

That is serious advice, and is not intended to get you to
buy, Buy, BUY bonsai.

It is simply that people with just one tree tend to love
their precious baby to death -- and you sound like a
probable candidate, to me. :-)

Having more than one tree forces you to spread out your
affections somewhat.

While bonsai do need care, a lone tree will last longer on
benign neglect than it will from hovering over-attention.

And, if you buy an untrained plant-in-a-pot and train it
into bonsaihood youself, think of the accomplishment!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++