Old 29-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Germinating Rugosa?

hi all-

during a charming stroll along the harbor islands, i took a handle of
huge orange hips, packed with seeds from a bush that surely inspired
the hedge wall of sleeping beauty. the pricks, the leaves and the
insane, single petaled PURPLE blooms lead me to infer that i have a
pocket full of rosa rugosa.

how do i germinate these seeds? I've got to assume they're pollinated-
do they need to fixed, or worsted, or sanforized, that thing when you
stick them in the fridge? or do i stick them in a tray and let her rip?

soil, humidity, pot size? i only want a half dozen or so, and i've
probably got 50 seeds.

any help appreciated- all i've read so far indicates they are
relatively easy to germinate.

carl