Old 29-08-2005, 07:14 PM
RichToyBox

I don't know where you are, but, http://www.akca.org/ if US or
http://www.bkks.co.uk/ if UK should have a list of local clubs and contacts.
Many of the clubs in the US have Koi Health Advisors, and others have health
hotlines. These people could diagnose and recommend treatments. It really
sounds like you have a parasite and it needs to be identified and
eliminated. New fish, new pond, transportation, new filter, etc. are all
stressors. Fish under stress are more susceptible to attack, and subsequent
bacterial infections. Good luck.
--
RichToyBox

wrote in message
oups.com...
Something isn't right. Lost another fish yesterday and one is acting
strange. While most are healthy eaters, one is kinda wondering off and
not participating (like the others before they died)-- acting very
lethargic. Tested the water this morning and total alkalinity was at
120ppm, ph 8.2. Added 1 cup of Baking Soda this morning through the
skimmer. added 4 TBSP of potash on sunday (our pond is 3500/4000 gals
w/about 1/3 plant coverage).

Of the 3 dead fish, I didn't see any fungus on them (though the one i
found in the skimmer had a cloudy eye but I don't know how long he was
in there- 2 days max).

Anything immediate I can do? This is heart wrenching :-(