Old 12-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

In message , Druss
writes

It is such a shame that a few idiots who cannot be bothered to control an
otherwise excellent fast form of hedging can cause so much trouble for
others.

Indeed it is, as in so many things

The largest part of the reason why I bought my current house was
because of it's excellent privacy, afforded entirely by it's having 8 foot
leylandii hedges either side. These I have kept to 8 foot high for six or
seven years now and it really is not that much work.

To be told they have to come down to 6 foot, will mean exposing my garden to
every upstairs window in the area.

So then anyone can see exactly what I have in the back garden, they can see
if anyone is around.

Note that first a complaint will haven to be made by a neighbour, and
they will have had to try and resolve the issue before complaining to
the council, so it wouldn't be out of the blue.

The complaint would have to show that there is an unreasonable
obstruction of light and it is affecting the reasonable enjoyment of the
property.

There is also the provision for the council to consider the privacy you
get from the hedge as well.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: