Old 29-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Rusty Mase

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:24:06 -0500, "John"
wrote:

Got another wierd one for ya..I am finding Bastrop must be the burmuda
triangle for wierd bugs, critters and plants!
I was poking around in my back woods, spraying the damn greenbriars with
roundup and found a couple of really odd vines. The vine is very thin and
has few leaves but what is odd is the fruit growing on it..They look almost
exactly like grape tomatos..Same color, size and basic texture. Only
difference is the fruit last a long time and don't seem to be bothered by
the local critters..One of these is actually growing up in a cedar tree..The
other one is on the ground..Anyone ever seen such a vine?

Do a Google Search for "balsam gourd" and see it that is close. This
should be about the right time for them.

Rusty Mase
Austin, Texas