Old 29-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Anthony Anson

The message

Cutting up logs on a horse is relatively easy; cutting down trees
is a LOT trickier. My fater-in-law gave us one, which we thanked
him kindly for, gave it garage space and will transfer direct to
the tip.

Don't do that! I'd give it a loving home...

I have cut down and cut up trees of 1' in diameter in less than a
day with a bowsaw - and I am neither an expert nor do it regularly.
Get a 30-36" bowsaw with a decent blade and leave the chainsaw in
the box.

I think I would agree with that. (I've been using power (chain) saws on
and off since 1956, and still do from time to time.)

--
Tony
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

The only way to tell when a Finn is in love with you
is that they look at your feet instead of their own.