Old 12-12-2002, 07:29 PM
hugh

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

In article , Sue & Bob Hobden
writes

"Druss" wrote in message
.

To be told they have to come down to 6 foot, will mean exposing my garden

every upstairs window in the area.

So then anyone can see exactly what I have in the back garden, they can

see
if anyone is around.

I am sure, this is going to be taken as a troll, but I genuinely believe
that this would be a truly stupid law to pass. I agree entirely that

hedges
over 10 feet are excesive, and with leylandii reaching 40 feet or more I

can
understand how that SHOULD be controlled. However to cut these trees down

only 6 feet will almost certainly half if not quarter the population of

wild
birds in my garden, and will leave me with a house which will be that much
harder to sell.

But my understanding is that high hedges are not to be simply banned, just
brought into the same planning laws as high fences. If you and your
neighbours want a 40ft hedge then it would be OK provided the Local Planning
Officer agreed.

Surely if you and your neighbour agree the Planning officer would not be
involved. In order to activate this law someone, living in a domestic
property has to complain to the LPO.
--
hugh