Old 30-08-2005, 10:48 AM
dps

I use a hot table. I have a small undersink water heater (2 gallons) and
a circulating pump and a thermostat. Stick the thermostat sensor under a
flat on the table and use the thermostat to control the circulating
pump. This way I have a 5 x 10' table for propagation for the price of
about 3-4 heating mats.

I cover the unused parts of the table with cardboard or something to
reduce heat loss. (eventually the table is filled, but not all at once).

Chuckie wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any other ways to heat flats in
greenhouses other than heating pads for bottom heat? Is there a less
expensive way?

Is it possible to create a rainforest environment within my greenhouse
for heat and moisture in the middle of the winter and lake effect snow?
Dimensions for greenhouse are as follows: 12'X 8'X 20'

thanks, chuckie
zone 5