Old 30-08-2005, 11:31 AM
david taylor

To the group-any thoughts on shrub roses?
40 years ago we made a god dividing hedge with Ballerina.
Roses will tolerate clay and are not too exotic.
David T.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Teleman wrote:

Some of the less invasive bamboos perhaps?

Sounds like a good idea. I have been looking at a few available from
junglegiants.co.uk and mulu.co.uk, but there are so many different
ones! I suppose I need something which is not going to take over the
entire garden, will grow to 2m-4m high, and can tolerate 6 months per
year in boggy soil (!) and 3 months in hard baked soil. Sounds like a
tall order!

In winter, our lawn gets so that you feel you are sinking into it when
you walk on it because it's so wet. The grass goes brown in patches,
presumably because it's drowning. It recovers in the spring though.
Does this sound too wet for bamboo?

Thanks again...

S.