Old 12-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Kay Easton

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

In article , Chris French and Helen
Johnson writes

I haven't read it yet.

I've now had a bit of a read, though not in detail, my take on the
proposals is this:

However it would:

1. Give owners or occupiers of domestic properties the right to
complain the local authority about a high hedge. (note it's limited to
domestic properties - a neighbouring factory couldn't complain)

That's sense.

3. A high hedge is defined as two or more adjacent evergreen trees or
shrubs which form a barrier, of a height greater than 2 metres.

Two trees makes a hedge!!!
But evergreen, so the 15ft lilacs are OK :-)
Does that mean my cypresses aren't a hedge, because there's a small
deciduous Viburnum between them, so they are not adjacent?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/