Old 30-08-2005, 08:19 PM

Many many years ago when I grew um... vegetable matter I never had any
visits to our wherehouse or our apartment. We ran thousands of watts
(I also ran a small still on the gas stove cause our gas was included
in the rent!) You could smell the corn squezins out in the parking
lot. Oh.. the good ol days!
When I moved into this house I installed 400 watts worth of flour.
fixtures in the sun room for all the house plants and you can see it
glow very brightly from the street. I live right on the county/city
line and one house away from a church where both city and county cops
idle there cars in the parking lot so they were used to seeing my
porch glow right from the beginning.
5 years ago when I started the propagation room downstairs my mother
said "not if but when the cops come to your door DO NOT MOVE"
I put my electric bill on the average out over a year plan so it never
spiked. The locals came out during the day when I wasn't home and had
a dog walk the land. The dog gave a responce so that night they sent a
friendly agent.
Since that visit there have been two others. All very polite and
informal. They have been from all diff depts. I was told that I could
call the city and have them come out, fill out a report and put me in
the system, but I was also told this will be more likely to have them
come out on a random basis and check you out.
The guy that ran the Hydro store here (atl GA) years ago did ten
years for selling hydro equipment!!! Now we have a fine upstanding
hydro store that I have given lots o cash to. I have used a credit
card there as well.This is probablly why I have gotten visits from so
many diff. departments.
Come on in, look around, buy an orchid while your here!

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:40:08 GMT, Dewitt
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:13:28 GMT, Dewitt
wrote:

I did find info for a local hydroponics store that should have the
bulb I want and I'll wander over their way tomorrow.

Well, it was the bulb. It cost more than I could have purchased it
for on the internet, but it was quick and it's good to know that they
carry things like net pots I use and can work on my light ballast if
that's ever necessary. The store is right next to a tattoo parlor and
my guess is that most of their customers aren't growing orchids. Got
me to thinking. Anybody growing under lights received a visit from
law enforcement based on their lighting purchases?

deg

NOOK