Old 30-08-2005, 09:59 PM
chris French

In message , soup
writes

Can't decide between the plastic bladed flymo with 15 L collected grass
(£47.98)or the metal bladed Performance power with 25L collected grass
(£49.98). Any thoughts ,recommendations.
The performance power one has a roller for stripping the grass but
as it is to cut an area of grass rather than a "lawn" stripes are WAY
down on the list.

How big is the 'grassy area', how bothered are you by the noise of the
mower?

I can't see any advantage in plastic as opposed to metal blade really,
so would have an aversion towards that, and I don't like hovers anyway.
For one reason that if the height is at all adjustable then it is a
fiddle.

Of the two I'd choose the PP one. It has bigger grass collection box,
which means less emptying, which means less stopping, it has a more
powerful motor and metal blade. But I wouldn't buy either.

Thing's I'd look for on a mower to be used on small/medium domestic
lawns.

Decent grass collection box.
Can be removed for cutting long grass without clogging (when you come
back from 2 weeks holiday or just CNBA...)
Easily adjustable height
Reasonably quiet. I have Qualcast mover that was advertised as being
quieter than normal. It is, and is much more pleasant to use because of
that.

My only gripe is that if the grass gets at all a bit long then ti easily
clogs the collection chute.
--
Chris French