Old 31-08-2005, 12:35 PM
dave hutton dave hutton is offline
Registered User

Location: South Coast UK

Hi Derek,

I also have the same questions in mind. I'll be going to the National Amateur Gardening show at the weekend to have a look at a display solar tunnel.

By the literature supplied I guess other benefits might be:

Look a lot better
Can fill a waterbutt from them (seems using an optional gutter system)
Might stay warner

Also by the time you have added a few optional extras to a standard poly tunnel the price does rise a bit.

I'll post conclusions after looking at the display on sunday.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek
Hi,
I'm on the South West coast of Ireland, where the weather is fairly mild
(hardly ever snows, very little frost), and I'm looking for the pros and
cons of Solar versus Poly. The financial difference, I understand, and the
solar tunnel seems to be the way to go, for the following reasons:

Lasts longer
Possibly allows more light in
Easier to assemble
Easier to extend
Higher sides allow more growing space.

I'm sure there will be arguments for and against... I'd be interested to
hear them.

Thanks

Derek

----