Old 31-08-2005, 04:50 PM
hollenback

I normally remove the scale from my soaker hoses in the spring by pulling
them around a sharp bend to break up the scale then flushing out the hose
with water. This works best if the hose is dry to start with.

Bill

"Justa Lurker" wrote in message
Layne wrote:
Soaker hoses are great, but if you live in an area with hard water the
hose will clog with dissolved minerals. Also, fertilizing through drip
hose using liquid or other water soluble fertilizer can clog the hose
too.

Layne

Is there a good way to "unclog" a soaker hose which has started to get
sluggish from such deposits after a season's worth of use ?

I'm getting ready to put two of mine away for the year, and I'd appreciate
suggestions on their "care & feeding" :-)

TIA