Old 31-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Snooze" wrote in message
"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message
"Snooze" wrote in message
m...

Good thing we have the national guard available to for deployment to
assist their state in times of disaster and to prevent looting.

============================
From what I saw on TV there is no way the National Guard can cover every
street and back-street in these areas that are flooded and the people
evacuated. What I saw on TV were looters in a frenzy. They were like
animals running back and forth emptying the stores.... shocking!

I was in high school when the rodney king riots occurred. I remember my
history teacher got called to duty, when he was in the national guard
reserve. When he returned, he said that they would park an Bradley in the
intersection, with a few guardsmen, it would keep the looters a block or
two away.

Obviously this kind of disaster would probably require a significant
portion of the guardsmen in neighboring states to help guard all the
commercial areas, so the local police could patrol the residential areas.

-S

===================
I remember the Rodney King insanity! I couldn't believe how the people
reacted. They destroyed their own neighborhood! How much crazier can
people get?

At this point you can be sure there isn't an item of value left in the
stores we saw being looted, in any of those devastated neighborhoods. Every
store (and home) is probably emptied out down to the last sneaker, 6-pack of
beer and pair of jeans......
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b