Old 31-08-2005, 03:37 PM
newsb

In article , rugbrat1970
writes

I bought a habenero Chilli plant a couple of days ago from a garden
centre (in a pot). Almost straight away the topmost leaves started to
curl in on themselves.

I've grown quite a few peppers and chillis in the greenhouse this year.
At some stage, almost all of them seemed to get something like the above
to one extent or another. I think the causes were one of two
infestations:
first and the main cause, early in the season, was little green aphids -
removed by hand;
second, lots and lots of tiny little green caterpillars - making lots of
tiny holes, too - also removed/squished by hand. Checking every leaf on
a lot of chilli/pepper plants was not great fun, but things seem ok.

Some of the leaves seemed to stay pretty curled - and some after the
infestation seemed to come out curled. No seeming affect on
productivity though

If there's no sign of pest, my experience stops there, I'm afraid.

--
regards andyw