Old 31-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Lynda Thornton

Default Fruit Woes

Hello

I've had a terrble fruit harvest this year - first of all my cooking
apple tree has less than a dozen apples (large mature tree) and now the
victoria plum tree which yielded a good harvest last year is full of
brown rot - of the couple of dozen we picked just now, all good size,
every single one was affected or starting with brown stuff (some of it
hard lumpy patches inside the fruit) rendering them unusable. It made
me think how awful it could be for fruit growers if a disease is rife.
I don't think we'll get many plums, if any, this year.

Fingers crossed for next year ...

Lynda