Old 01-09-2005, 12:57 AM
World Traveler

That's what these trees do! If you want to keep the trees you've selected
you have to put up with the way they grow. Don't fight the problem --
you've got a couple of options -- (1) Remove the trees and strip the roots
out of the ground, or (2) Accept that the roots come with the benefits of
having the tree.

In my case, I have a number of bald cypress trees in the yard, which can
create real root "problems" if you obsess over the lawn. What I did was
create a garden under the trees, with things like gingers and other
shade-compatible flowers, put a border around it, and let the flowers hide
(or complement) the visible tree roots. Where necessary, I then cut back
the cypress knees that came up outside of the garden.

"T. L. Pope-Green" wrote in message

I think this may have been addressed before. Does anyone have any
suggestions about getting rid of tree roots in a yard. We have a maple and
a locust tree, and the roots are destroying our yard.
TIA
Tina