Old 01-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Tom Puskar

Thanks for your suggestions, but I was thinking more along the lines of how
I could keep them, not destroy them! Anyone here would have the same
problem over the winter. We don't have a "local pond club" that I now of
and my friendly local pond supply store doesn't want them.

Being a frugal ponder myself, I'm looking for ways to not have to spend
money replacing them in the spring.

Tom from Howell, NJ

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
Need some advice on what to do with Cannas, taro and umbrella palms over
the Winter. Last year I brought them inside and put them near windows or
under track lighting in my indoor pond. When I put them back outside
they flourished to say the least. I have about 8 blooming cannas, 7
umbrella palms some of which are 4-5 feet tall and two very sturdy pots
of taro. Some of these should probably be split again. Problem is I don't
have enough windows to house all these plants and keep them healthy over
the NJ Winter. They certainly can't stay outside and I don't know what
else to do with them.

Any suggestions from this crowd?

You can call your local Pond Club and offer them for free. You can sell
them to a pond/aquarium store for as much as $10 teach. You can compost
them. You can put up index cards on store bulletin boards. You can put
them out by the road with a FREE PLANTS sign......
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b