Old 13-12-2002, 07:21 AM
Vera Gade

Default Pronunciation

snip
A neighbouring gardener of ours was having some skin problems from
plants and was prescribed an ointment called 'Cicatrin' (Wellcome).
The ointment works very well, but how is its name pronounced?
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

I am very keen on the phonetic-transcription-system (how would I ever else
learn how to pronounce "neighbouring"?) But unfortunately it isn't on my
computer and neither on yours, I think. So we try to manage as best we can
- that's very confusing. I beg for a FAC on the topic, where some able
person will try to make a system we all (hm, most of us) can adopt in our
efforts to describe our pronounciation.
Hej (e as in hel) from vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING