Old 12-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Simon Avery

Default Giant Hogweed

sacha wrote:

Hello sacha

[Ragwort]

s I may be wrong but I was certainly under the impression that
s it was notifiable.

You're right, it is. Thought to be fair, I don't know anyone who's
been prosecuted for allowing it to grow.

s But I was thinking of the roadsides and
s hedges on e.g. the A38. They're controlled by the Council as
s to mowing, tree trimming etc. but there are still quite
s large patchees of ragwort here and there.

Teignbridge seems to have the policy of "We'll ignore it until someone
complains". But when they're told they generally send a couple of
chaps out within a few days. I imagine it would be pretty costly for
them to keep on top of it completely.