Old 13-12-2002, 09:52 AM
Kay Easton

Default Giant Hogweed

In article , Simon Avery SPAM.B.GONEdigdilem@s
ofthome.net writes
sacha wrote:

Hello sacha

[Ragwort]

s I may be wrong but I was certainly under the impression that
s it was notifiable.

You're right, it is. Thought to be fair, I don't know anyone who's
been prosecuted for allowing it to grow.

What do you mean by 'notifiable'? Usually this means that if you find it
on your land you have to notify if to the authorities. I have found
legislation saying it is an offence to allow it to escape on to someone
else's ground, but I haven't found anything anywhere that says you have
to notify someone if you find it. Can you give me a reference?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/