Old 01-09-2005, 01:56 PM

Default HELP PLEASE Screening with EVERGREEN Clematis

Hi,

I have a dividing wall six foot high by nine foot wide on which I have
erected a trellis that extends the walls height by aprox one foot.

My intention is to screen the whole wall and trellis with some kind of
quick growing EVERGREEN creeper.

At the moment I have planted three very small Golden Ivy plants that I
had given to me, but am now wondering if this is such a good idea as I
am concerned they will grow through the open type block patterned brick
and become difficult to maintain. from my neighbours side as they have
a conservatory that overlooks me only one foot from the wall.

I am now thinking of removing the ivy and planting some EVERGREEN
Clematis, which will be reasonably quick growing and be somewhat easier
to maintain.

I am living in the NW of England; the wall is east facing in a very
sheltered spot that receiaves 60 per cent sun for half of the day, the
soil is of compost to one foot in depth and reasonably well drained.

Any advice on what EVERGREEN Clematis to go for or any other thoughts
would be much appreciated..

Many Thanks.

Rick.