Old 14-12-2002, 04:55 AM
bnd777

Default Compost bin

our local council compost all green waste at a very high temperature and one
can help oneself to the result for free
Used tons of the stuff on my patch and absolutely no weeds etc so far
"Sue" wrote in message

"K" wrote
Our council is piloting a scheme where they collect garden rubbish,
compost it and sell it back to us! I think I'll carry on composting my
own. It might just be a tad cheaper :O))

And at least you know what's in it. Judging from what gets thrown in the
'green' skip at out local household dump there'd be likely to be all sorts
of diseased stuff and perennial weed roots go into the mix. I think local
collection and composting is a good idea, but would their processing be at
high enough temperatures to destroy all nasties, I wonder?

Sue