Old 14-12-2002, 05:51 PM
JennyC

Default Germinating Canna Lilly Seed

"Larry Stoter" wrote in message
o.uk...
Last September, in France, I came across a splendid Canna. Very

splodgy,
orange/creme flowers with variegated red/green leaves. Some of the
flowers had set some good seeds - which I picked.

Seeds are quite large and hard - I presume they'll need cutting to

stand
any chance of germinating. Has anyone grown Cannas from seed?
Suggestions? What are chances of germination? How long until they
flower?
Regards,
Larry Stoter

I've grown them in the past.
I didn't file or cut the seeds, but just put them in a pot in early
spring in the GH and left them to it :~))

I covered the pot with plastic to keep the soil moist and most of they
germinated fairly quickly.

As far as I can recall they took a couple of years to reach flowering
age.

More info at : http://www.pwbelg.clara.net/canna/

HTH , Jenny