Old 15-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Kay Easton

Default knobbling a buddlea tree

In article ,
writes
In the USA we call it a butterfly bush and I have 3 red, white and
purple and they attract 100s of butterflys why in the world would anyone
want to kill this marvalous plant is beyond me.

because here in the UK, though we have wonderful named varieties, we
also have the comparatively dull mauve wild variety which seeds itself
freely into waste ground and grows large - and this is the one people
are complaining about.

And we are also a very overcrowded country, so with small gardens we
have to make sure every single plant counts!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/