Old 15-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Guava Tree Seeds?

In article ,
wrote:
Nick Maclaren wrote:

Growing them where? You CAN grow them in the UK, given a suitable
conservatory or frost-free greenhouse, but getting a crop from even
such relatively hardy tropical trees is pretty implausible.

Sorry to disagree Nick, but Guavas are a realistic proposition and can
be fruited under slightly heated glass - even in the UK. Fruiting
plants need to be kept lightly moist and can be fed with a general
purpose feed every 14 - 21 days from May to September. Ideal winter
temperatures are around 7C. min. rising to 15 -18C. by day. Plants
will be dormant at this time and should be kept slightly dry.

Most interesting. I stand corrected. I wonder why both of my books
on the subject regard it as being so 'tropical' in requirements?
There aren't many plants that they classify like that which have
even a chance of producing much fruit in the UK.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679