Old 01-09-2005, 03:49 PM
willshak

On 8/31/2005 6:54 AM US(ET), T. L. Pope-Green took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

I think this may have been addressed before. Does anyone have any
suggestions about getting rid of tree roots in a yard. We have a maple and a
locust tree, and the roots are destroying our yard.
TIA
Tina

I just chop off the roots as they break the surface. Someone once told
me that you can chop the roots as long as they were the diameter of your
thumb or less. I had a post foundation dug for a sunroom 3 years ago and
we encountered root ends from a Maple that was 30' away.

--
Bill