Old 01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
So the current war didn't give us the initial boost in productivity. It
isn't providing additional disposable income to families. And it's draining
money from the economy in the form of direct taxes, rather than using
borrowed bond money.

Not that this has anything to do with gardening nor do I disagree with
your overall statement except that the current war is not currently
draining money from the economy in the form of direct taxes. Not one
person in the US has paid a single dime to support the current war. All
the money is being borrowed which may or may not be paid by future
generations. Ironically, one of the main purchasers of US debt is China
so, in effect, China is funding the Iraq war, a war I don't think
they're too happy about BTW.

As for Katrina relief, no worry. The feds still have plenty of
borrowing power left. What's another $100 billion on top of over $7
trillion? Why not make that debt $10 trillion. Eat, drink, and be
merry for tomorrow we shall die!