Old 01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Vox Humana

"Laura" wrote in message
Please don't think that way - that gas prices will cause a depression.

We might be in for a rough time over the next few weeks, but preliminary
indications are that the energy/gasoline problems coming from Katrina will
be temporary. The issue is not really the oil supply, but distribution,

and
to a lesser extent, refinery capacity.

Oh, stop being so rational! We all know that gas prices NEVER EVER fall to
previous price levels once a supply interruption or shortage is over. We
will see prices that were already too high at $2.65/gal go to $4.10/gal.
When everything is back online, prices will drop to $3.37/gal. and the
talking heads will rejoice and declare victory.