Old 01-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Travis

Vox Humana wrote:
"BetsyB" wrote in message
The stores are reflecting what they are being charged for
delivery by truck, for all our food and household products. I am
thinking we might be heading into a depression. I was born
durning the last one. NJ is jacking gas prices by 50 cents in the
next couple days. We are retired and don't really need to go
anywhere we don't choose. We are fortunate in that way.

We have already started changing our habits. I don't leave home
unless I know where and why I am going. But, even if you stay home
this is going to get you. A cold winter has been predicted and all
energy prices are going to rise due to disruption in supply or
distribution along with a strong demand from developing countries
like China. Everything has an energy component in the price, both
for production and transportation. Insurance prices are likely to
rise, also. I think that we were in bad spot already with a
jobless recovery. Wages are slipping and poverty is growing. With
most people only a couple of paychecks from disaster, I think you
may be right about the depression. It's breathtaking to think that
we have gone from a surplus to a financial disaster in about 5
years.

The disaster relief is a disaster and who will get the blame, the Bush
led federal government. It will be disaster for the Republicans next
election cycle. Yippee.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5