Old 01-09-2005, 08:13 PM
presley

someone on this thread asked why other countries weren't helping us or
offering aid. As of yesterday, the UN and 31 countries had offered aid. In
many cases, there is no one in the US "organized" enough to figure out how
to utilize the aid being offered. And of course, our brilliant man at the
UN, John Bolton, is probably too busy telling the offering countries to ****
off to figure out how to take advantage of help from them.
"madgardener" wrote in message
AH HA@!!! I knew you weren't directing the statement towards me, but I
always enjoy learning what I don't know. by the way, I wrote a rant (not
aimed at you, either) last night in regards to someone's response about
the news "coverage" and decided not to post it......I read it this
morning, it wasn't bad, but I could sure tell I got caught up in my
emotions, again. Now if only the ex-daughter in law would just call and
sarcastically tell me "we're alright" and hang up, I'd feel better. I
don't care if they have a house to go back to or if everything is lost as
long as they're all alright..........apparently the people who live down
there have this nonchalant attitude that "it's not as bad as you think,
we'll rebuild and everything will be fine". I got this from my son who has
talked to two of his best friends who are fine, but have sustained
tremendous damage to their homes. One is in TOTAL denial because he
manages and trouble shoots Wendy's restaurants near Slidelle and doesn't
realize that Slidelle is GONE........................it's just not there,
but he thinks he'll be back to work "in a
week"...........sigh.........thanks for enlightening me
madgardener
"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..

"madgardener" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..
On the first day of Economics 101 you learn about the trade-off
between
"guns and butter." Someone must have skipped that class.

well Vox, I didn't have Economics 101. kindly enlighten me, I might be

52
but I'm willing to learn more. (not being sarcastic, either)
madgardener

The comment wasn't directed at you, but the person who decided that we
needed guns instead of butter. The "Guns and Butter" curve is based on
the
fact that there is limited productivity. You can produce guns OR butter.
When one product goes up, the other goes down unless you can increase
productivity. This illustrates the concept of "opportunity loss." In
other
words, when you decide to go to war, you experience an opportunity loss
produce (or afford) things like infrastructure and consumer goods.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gunsandbutter.asp