Old 01-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Rob

Default Hurricane relief and a plant to boot

After spending most of the last few days not sleeping, I came up with a
no doubt mind addled idea this morning. So, from now until I say
otherwise, 50% of selected plant purchases from my website will go to
Hurricane Katrina relief. Maybe more than 50%. It was going to be
100%, but I'd like to be able to restock if this proves to be a useful
way of raising donations. No limits while supplies last. I am planning
on giving the proceeds to the American Red Cross, and possibly other
organizations if there is enough to go around.

Even if you don't want a plant, please consider donating to an
appropriate charity, even a local organization or food bank. Something
that often gets overlooked in these kinds of situations is that
charities which aren't involved in hurricane relief are going to need
donations. A lot of the money and items they would normally receive will
instead be given for relief efforts. I've already given blood, and you
probably should too, if you can.

Feel free to come up with your own hare-brained scheme for relief
efforts. My thought on this was that people who might not have the
energy or impetus to donate on their own might like an orchid. Perhaps
that will help.

http://www.redcross.org
http://littlefrogfarm.com/shop

Rob