Old 01-09-2005, 03:39 PM

Snooze wrote:
"Herb" wrote in message
news:6%cRe.27090$Uz2.22252@trnddc02...
Good thing we have the national guard available to for deployment to
assist their state in times of disaster and to prevent looting.

-S

You're absolutely right Snooze, since the governor of each state has
publicly stated that they have plenty of National Guardsmen available
to meet any need they have. If you really had the courage of your
conviction, you'd recommend the governor issue shoot to kill orders for
the looters, that way it wouldn't take that many Guardsmen or Police.
Once the word was out that looting will cost your life, it wouldn't
last long.

The Koreans did exactly that, permission or not, in the Rodney King riots,
seems word got out really quickly.

-S

What I cant understand is the lack of unorganization by the goverment.
They knew this storm was coming and it didnt seem like they prepared
too well for transportation for people to leave the city. Also, why
doesnt Bush just send in a massive military force to put things under
control and stop the looting and organizie things? How about putting
some Navy and Coast Guard ships right off New Orleans and transporting
people to them via, boats, helicopter or whatever where then they can
have food and shelter. It just seems liek a big lack of communication
and unorganization. Am I looking at things wrongly or am I expecting
too much, I dont think so. Does anyone know if extra buses, trains, or
whatever were available for people to evacuate who couldnt afford any
other means?