Old 18-12-2002, 09:39 AM
Thomas Prufer

Default Red spider systemic insecticide

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:17:48 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

I'm wondering about using the biological control in the greenhouse.

I've used the predator mites. No trouble, they'll do all the work for
you. They do like more humid and warmer conditions than the rsm.

I set up an extra closed box with bean plants, grew rsm on those, and
then set out the predator mites on those first. It takes some time for
them to multiply, but then they go all over the place, leaving the
box, seeking out the rsm everywhere and devouring them. I spent hours
with a magnifying glass, watching them...

With individual plants, submerging them for 24 hours in a tubful of
water with a splash of detergent has worked for me.

Thomas Prufer