Old 02-09-2005, 01:27 AM

Trish Brown wrote:

It might be a kindness to discuss with your neighbours what you plan to
do. I wouldn't take kindly to anyone assaulting my Alice without my
say-so! If the neighbours express a desire for you *not* to discipline
their dog, then you have every right to get exactly the whistle you
describe. Or, perhaps a loud hooter which is even *more* annoying to the
neighbours than their dog's barking is to you. I don't think hurting the
dog is the best way to go. 'tsnot the dog's fault it annoys you - it's
just being a dog.

That may be the way to go, as he races up to the fence all the time.

My neighbours are alright. They're just out most of the time, so can't
control their dogs when I need them to.