Old 02-09-2005, 02:23 AM
User Example

Treedweller wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:12:52 GMT, "Chris" wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the fir trees are dying in Austin? Forgive me if
I'm wrong on the type of tree (evergreen, pine needles, look "furry" from a
distance).

What gives with that? They start on a small portion by turning brown. Soon
it spreads to engulf the entire tree until it's completely brown and wilted.
It's very sad to see such nice, big trees die.
Chris

I don't know about that but something weird has happened across the
street from my house. Last year, 2 big trees suddenly died in this one
yard. Not sure of the tree type... something like a birch maybe... I
don't know.

This year, the house beside it just had 2 big bradford pear trees
suddenly die. And by suddenly I mean one week they were green and then
a couple weeks later the leaves are brown and falling off.

What would do such a thing? Seems too weird to be just a coincidence.
I looked and didn't see any kind of tree damage to any of them.