Old 02-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Elaine T

Dogma Discharge wrote:
I beg to differ, I think Crossocheilus is *highly* overrated. Apparently
Florida Flagfish are best for this kind of algae. Gouramis also like to pick
at it but they will also destroy your plants!

Nice to know another fish that will eat the stuff! Interesting that
your and my results with C. siamensis are so different. I've had them
clean up a tank completely with no changes to the tank other than
introducing the fish. It's gradually becoming clear that Crossocheilus
is a species complex, though. There are reports of agressive C.
siamensis which I've never seen either.

Out of curiosity, which gouramis will pick at it?

Its better to deal with the root cause than treat the symptoms.

Fair enough. :-)

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__