Old 02-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Nina

Default [IBC] Ammonium Sulfate

Does anyone know how much ammonium sulfate I should use for my acid loving bonsai? The soil is currently about 7 in alkalinity. I was told to
use ammonium sulfate but the instructions are for 100 sq. ft. areas plus.

Thanks !
Martha

Don't use any. I doubt ammonium sulphate is going to have any effect on
a bonsai mix; it's designed for a soil with a clay component that can
adsorb the cations. In a bonsai pot, "acid loving" plants just want a
certain availability of nutrients, and if you feed them with a
full-spectrum fertilizer with chelated iron, they won't care what the
pH is.

Nina