Old 02-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Vox Humana

"Lynn" wrote in message

Today gas here is up to 1.39 a litre.Yesterday it was 1.21 and the day
before that it was 1.12 a litre. 3.00 a gallon sounds good right about

now.
!

It's hard to compare gasoline price from one county to the next. People here
in the USA often proudly point to our low gas prices. They say "If you don't
like paying $2.65/gal go to Europe where they pay $6/gal. The problem with
this is that the people in Europe or the UK who pay big gas prices also have
national health care that is paid for by the high gas tax. Oil is a
commodity that is sold for the same price, more or less, to all takers. We
don't have cheap gas in the US because we are "blessed" or because we are
crafty deal makers. We have cheap gas because there are lower taxes and
fewer services. Other people have expensive gas AND health care. I'm not
sure we have the better deal. Two dollar a gallon gas won't do much for you
if you have no health care and you experience a major health crisis or you
have a chronic disease.