Old 01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Tim Walter

Default lawn repair

Hi,

just having a conservatory installed and in the process the lawn by the
house is being trampled on, cut up, and a large soakaway dug right in
the middle of it (area affected is dead flat 10*20yrds or so, surrounded
by paths/patios so no room for altering levels)

Looking at the soakaway it transpires the lawn (which always felt rather
firm(!)) comprises a layer of grass and topsoil about 2-3inches deep,
with what seems like at least 3 feet of dense flinty rubble below...
(not rubble but probably a chalky mix with about 70% stone)

When the conservatory is finished I would like to see the grass lawn at
least flat and alive even if not luxuriant!

I'm not in a position (busy life) to spend hours and hours for the next
25yrs tending it but any suggestions as to how to get the best out of it

Thanks