Old 01-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Kay

In article , crom ?@?.?
writes
Hello to you all, I've been lurking for a while and only posted a
couple of times but I've taken the plunge and am growing a few things.
Brocolli and purple cauliflowers are going well but I have two pepper
plants which are supposed to produce orange peppers. They are only
producing green ones with slightly yellowish patches. They get a good
amount of sun but are a little blocked from direct sunlight by the
courgette plants! Should I leave them on the plant or cut them off?

Leave them on - I would expect them to start green and turn colour
later.

Will they continue to mature off the plant.

They will eventually, but it's easier to keep them in good condition on
the plant.

Also, I have two chilli plants which are producing at a good rate. Can
I leave these and the pepper plants out all year round or should I
bring them in. Or are they annuals?

They are perennial but they can't cope with our winters, so will die if
you leave them outside. Otoh, it's difficult to overwinter them indoors
and keep them in good shape for next year, so probably better to bring
them in before you get a frost, then ditch them once you've picked off
all the fruits and start again from seed next year.

Chillis I think get hotter the longer you leave them on the plant.

Sorry for all the stupid questions but I'm only learning!

They're not stupid questions - they're very sensible questions.

--
Kay