Old 02-09-2005, 03:55 AM
Anil Kaushik

For more details visit:

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/compon...133/topic,1656
0.0/

Regards

Anil Kaushik

Bonsai Club (India)

Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

-----Original Message-----
From: Internet Bonsai Club ] On Behalf Of
Nina
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 5:49 AM
Subject: [IBC] Ammonium Sulfate

Does anyone know how much ammonium sulfate I should use for my acid loving

bonsai? The soil is currently about 7 in alkalinity. I was told to

use ammonium sulfate but the instructions are for 100 sq. ft. areas plus.

Thanks !

Martha

Don't use any. I doubt ammonium sulphate is going to have any effect on

a bonsai mix; it's designed for a soil with a clay component that can

adsorb the cations. In a bonsai pot, "acid loving" plants just want a

certain availability of nutrients, and if you feed them with a

full-spectrum fertilizer with chelated iron, they won't care what the

pH is.

Nina

****

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

****

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++