Old 02-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Mercy Mercy is offline
Registered User

Location: London
Unhappy Mini creatures on my rose

Maybe a few of you will remember my mini roses that were drooping - they soon came back to life and looked gorgeous after advice I was given.
Well they're suffering again! Even though a trusted friend was looking after them and did her best, I returned to find them looking dry and crispy, although they seemed to have been watered as they should.

They're covered in a canopy of webs, which I assume is from a spider, or in this case hundreds of teeny tiny spiders. Could these be affecting the plant? They're not much bigger than a milimetre long, with a dark brown body and light, translucent-looking legs and heads - are there any other creatures that make webs - it's a blanket sort of web - or are they newly-born spiders?

There are also little black dots on the leaves - is this a related problem? I don't really want to kill them if they're spiders but there are hundreds of them - will they affect the plant in any way? If they're not spiders, how should I get rid of them?

I think I will take my roses with me when I go away in future...

Mercy