Old 02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Roy Starrin

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:43:58 GMT, "Snooze"
opined:

I think I take back what I said, it appears we do need the assistance of
other nations. Given that the world knew about the magnitude of this
hurricane atleast 4 days before the hurricane hit the new orleans area, they
had plenty of time to mobilize a recovery effort.

provide us please with the data which revealed to you that it would
hit where it did, with the results that it had

USN Comfort set sail 4 days after it hit landfall because it took them 4
days to get the crew and supplies onboard.

That's the way it is set up to work; otherwise you would be bitching
about the $$$ that the DHS was spending waiting for events to happen
Various navy ships including an
aircraft carrier have been sent to the region, again deployed after
landfall. They're not projected to arrive until the 2nd or 3rd week of
September.

Hog wash. They will be on station Sunday and the USS Bataan was in
the gulf and has been supporting recovery ops since the onset.
A bulk of the national guard from around the country is being
deployed 3-4 days after it was obvious the national guard was needed to
maintain order, and assist in the rebuild/rescue efforts. A better planned
system would have had the rescue crews enroute and scheduled to arrive a
day or two after it hit landfall.

And how do you know exactly what is needed until landfall occurs? You
failed to note that the area was declared a disaster area before
landfall---which enabled the response that was received---good or bad;
had they waited it would have been later that it was

Roy
www.virginianewssource.com