Old 02-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Lois

x-no-archive: yes
================
This is so true. Also, don't buy the overpriced pond fish food. My koi and
GF are thriving on catfish and trout chow mixed with a little kitten and
puppy chow. It's a fraction of the price. :-)

Good idea!

Not! ;o) Just for the record Lois, many of us don't recommend using these
gamefish foods. There is a lot of stuff in it that doesn't digest well in a
koi and goes straight thru to the foul the water.

If you wouldn't feed pig chow to your dog, don't feed gamefish chow to pet
koi/goldfish. You may save a buck or 2, but it isn't healthy for pet fish,
who you want to have long healthy lives, not fatten up for the dinner
table. I'm just repeating what the koivets recommend. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Ok, I did find some inexpensive Koi food at a discount store that all
my fish seem to like. I also heard that most fish do very well on
their own finding food themselves. So feeding isn't necessary except
maybe a treat now and then.

Lois