Old 02-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Diana Kulaga

Welcome to rgo, Melissa.

I'll add a couple of things. First, if you are cutting away rot, I suggest
that you treat the cut with some cinnamon (great fungicide). If you like,
you can mix it with Elmer's glue before applying. Fo not sprinkle the root
ball, however.

Gene and Kathy gave you good advice about potting and scale elimination. For
me, though, if I were looking at 90 some plants with scale, I'd spray with a
systemic twice, about 10 days apart. I just don't have the patience to
eliminate that much scale by hand. Once the scale is dead, you can then
scrape it off more easily.

For natural remedies to replace the stuff you buy, go he

www.firstrays.com

Ray's site is full of great information.

HTH

Diana