Old 02-09-2005, 05:18 PM
RichToyBox

Feeding is not necessary, if the population is small. Most of us have more
fish than the pond will support naturally. We have to have large filters,
extra aeration, and food for the fish. There are foods that are relatively
inexpensive, and then there are very very expensive foods. The quality of
the food is generally shown in the price. Better food, better digestion,
less waste, also less food needed to support the growth of the fish. Many
people supplement the food with treats such as oranges, watermelon, romaine
lettuce, brown bread, and a host of other foods. As the fish get larger,
they do not require as much protein in their diet, and these treats are
good. For young fish, they really need more protein, as they are growing
very fast.
--
RichToyBox

"Lois" wrote in message
news:1125664677.3634ae82b080f0f1a0105a1c6cf959d9@t eranews...
x-no-archive: yes

Ok, I did find some inexpensive Koi food at a discount store that all
my fish seem to like. I also heard that most fish do very well on
their own finding food themselves. So feeding isn't necessary except
maybe a treat now and then.

Lois